CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.
CARP FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Carp Catch Log iPHONE
some_text
Latest topics
» broken rod tip
Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm by Yidman

» Somerset - Uk Carp Lake for Sale
Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? EmptySun May 22, 2016 4:52 pm by Admin

» Street art forum
Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 1:35 pm by Admin

» Carp Quarry Lake for sale
Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:51 pm by Admin

» Cavagnac lake
Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 pm by Chos

» NorthEast Leads - Our Prices
Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:04 pm by northeastleads14

» NorthEast Leads - Homemade Leads
Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:52 pm by northeastleads14

» 3iles peche
Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 am by tackleberry

» FREE POSTAGE ON ORDER £30 AND OVER
Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:57 pm by leadlodge

IPHONE CARP LAKES APP
some_text
Field testers wanted here!
Statistics
We have 1026 registered users
The newest registered user is ArnoldoC

Our users have posted a total of 3349 messages in 691 subjects

Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to?

+8
krafty
Timelord
Dontknowmuch
Jim
craftycarper
nickb
Wrongenuk
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? Empty Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to?

Post  Admin Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:30 pm

What venues wouldnt you go back to again? Question
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2009-01-20

http://carp-lakes.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? Empty Re: Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to?

Post  Wrongenuk Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:41 pm

A12 coton lakes.........All noddys its the best place ever lol
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://www.crazycarpers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? Empty Re: Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to?

Post  nickb Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:17 pm

can think of a couple of places that i'd notgo back to, not cos of the fishing, but the surrounding area...
nickb
nickb
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  craftycarper Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Admin wrote:What venues wouldnt you go back to again? Question

Probably wouldnt go back to Newlands Hall. To many rats and the music is pumping out in the summer for weddings etc!

craftycarper
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? Empty Venues I wouldn't go back to

Post  Jim Mon May 04, 2009 9:21 am

I tend not to go back to any venue that is overcrowded, unless I know it's not always that way, or where the anglers fishing are unfriendly. I don't understand some anglers attitudes to fellow fishermen. I've been told to "f**k off" just for asking if the guy had caught anything! Perhaps I sounded like a so-called 'noddy' - who are, apparently, lower than a snakes belly. Sad.
Jim
Jim
Gillie

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontknowmuch Mon May 04, 2009 12:31 pm

There are quite a few Sad

I don't know if I'm getting more fussy as I get older but there are a few reasons I'll avoid waters nowadays.

As Jim has already mentioned overcrowded waters and places frequented by , shall we say, undesirable or obnoxious characters (these I've found are usually folk with a low IQ Rolling Eyes ).

I'll also avoid waters that are so called "instant" waters. Plastic carping for plastic carpers in my opinion!
Unfortunately some of these commercial ventures were once lovely old pools containing old stock of carp and tench which were considered too small for paying punters to fish for and have been unceremoniously replaced by either 20 to 30lb Simmos or even worse 30 to 40lb foreigners Mad

An old tench pool I fished in the eighties went this way Crying or Very sad
Dontknowmuch
Dontknowmuch
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? Empty Pla es wouldnt go back to

Post  Admin Mon May 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Jim wrote:I tend not to go back to any venue that is overcrowded, unless I know it's not always that way, or where the anglers fishing are unfriendly. I don't understand some anglers attitudes to fellow fishermen. I've been told to "f**k off" just for asking if the guy had caught anything! Perhaps I sounded like a so-called 'noddy' - who are, apparently, lower than a snakes belly. Sad.

Shame people have to be like that. Cant understand some anglers attitude ! Where did that happen jim? Evil or Very Mad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2009-01-20

http://carp-lakes.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Timelord Tue May 05, 2009 10:03 am

Any day ticket down south! Only been once and that was for a socail at Sandhurst,proper wroungens on there some crank set the island on fire with there stove,some other fella decerated a tree with spods and to top that off i had some weird German grooming me all weekend! lol! lol!

Timelord
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Are there any Venues you wouldnt go back to? Empty Places I wouldn't go back to

Post  Jim Tue May 05, 2009 3:55 pm

The incident where I was told to F**k off happened on a club water. It was a Chelmsford AA water at Braxted. They have three reservoirs close to each other, all hold some nice carp, but one in particular has a forty+ in it. It gets so certain anglers feel it is their right only, to fish for this carp. I heard a story that one young lad had his tyres slashed, because he had the audacity to actually catch the forty, on his first session! I don't know if it's true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Jim
Jim
Gillie

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrongenuk Sat May 09, 2009 9:47 pm

Jim wrote:The incident where I was told to F**k off happened on a club water. It was a Chelmsford AA water at Braxted. They have three reservoirs close to each other, all hold some nice carp,

Is that cants and blunts mere?? some of chelmsford aa waters are spot on...
jim wrote:I heard a story that one young lad had his tyres slashed, because he had the audacity to actually catch the forty, on his first session! I don't know if it's true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.
I used to post on another forum where alot of the boys are members on that angling club,and im shocked to hear that story and i think it is one,something else i will look into..

timelord wrote: German grooming me all weekend

well i new about the sheep thing in cheshire but now admiting to being groomed by a german.......well it takes allsorts fella......lolololol
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://www.crazycarpers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontknowmuch Sun May 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Timelord wrote:Any day ticket down south! Only been once and that was for a socail at Sandhurst,proper wroungens on there some crank set the island on fire with there stove,some other fella decerated a tree with spods and to top that off i had some weird German grooming me all weekend! lol! lol!

Class weekend fella Laughing Cool

Be hard to beat it.

All the best, Santa Razz
Dontknowmuch
Dontknowmuch
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  krafty Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:12 am

darenth

full of french fish and there is a lot of pissed up idiots on the day ticket venues

krafty
Argos Zebco Fan

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  proximityinfotech3 Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:07 pm

don't understand some anglers attitudes to fellow fishermen. I've been told to "f**k off" just for asking if the guy had caught anything! Perhaps I sounded like a so-called 'noddy' - who are, apparently, lower than a snakes belly.

Used Auto Parts | Used Car Parts

proximityinfotech3
Argos Zebco Fan

Registration date : 2010-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  wiseoldguy Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:42 pm

A12 cuton lakes
has anybody had anything good from here this year ? , I went with two mates to fish there sat 25th sep all night and all Sunday , I booked the week before and the owner told me somebody had taken our swim , he then offered me another so called good swim and somebody had set up in this , they have no idea what they are doing , we had nothing not even I bite in 28 hours, there were only three fish caught on the hole lake in that time , there were even dead carp floating around !!!!! What a crap hole do not waist your money

wiseoldguy
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  tightlinesdaz Tue May 10, 2011 1:14 pm

craftycarper wrote:
Admin wrote:What venues wouldnt you go back to again? Question

Probably wouldnt go back to Newlands Hall. To many rats and the music is pumping out in the summer for weddings etc!

The only time i go to Newlands is if i take a beginner with me. It's usually packed to the rafters at a weekend anyway, plus most of the fish have some sort of deformity about them as there not that well looked after by the catchers, sad really.
tightlinesdaz
tightlinesdaz
Argos Zebco Fan

Registration date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  herts_carper Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:20 pm

I wouldnt go back to Willow farm (formely Bowmans in London Colney) this is due to the constant thefts that occur during night sessions and people actually being assaulted when challenging theives during the night... not only this but the bailief the last time i was there who lived on site in a caravan use to fly round the banks on a quadbike and just before dark one of my rods was laying in the long grass just behind my bivvy as i was rebating and he rode straight ovwer it and snapped the top section, when i asked if he was going to pay for it he said "you fish at your own risk and if i wanted any money i should take him to court" ever since then i have never been back and tell as many people as i can to stay away. now i know many people dont realise something until it happens to them but honestly the place is a hole, yes its good sport in the summer but when you actually look around the place its vile.

herts_carper
Argos Zebco Fan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down