CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.
CARP FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Carp Catch Log iPHONE
some_text
Latest topics
» broken rod tip
Whats your magic fishing memory ? EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm by Yidman

» Somerset - Uk Carp Lake for Sale
Whats your magic fishing memory ? EmptySun May 22, 2016 4:52 pm by Admin

» Street art forum
Whats your magic fishing memory ? EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 1:35 pm by Admin

» Carp Quarry Lake for sale
Whats your magic fishing memory ? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:51 pm by Admin

» Cavagnac lake
Whats your magic fishing memory ? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 pm by Chos

» NorthEast Leads - Our Prices
Whats your magic fishing memory ? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:04 pm by northeastleads14

» NorthEast Leads - Homemade Leads
Whats your magic fishing memory ? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:52 pm by northeastleads14

» 3iles peche
Whats your magic fishing memory ? EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 am by tackleberry

» FREE POSTAGE ON ORDER £30 AND OVER
Whats your magic fishing memory ? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:57 pm by leadlodge

IPHONE CARP LAKES APP
some_text
Field testers wanted here!
Statistics
We have 1026 registered users
The newest registered user is ArnoldoC

Our users have posted a total of 3349 messages in 691 subjects

Whats your magic fishing memory ?

3 posters

Go down

Whats your magic fishing memory ? Empty Whats your magic fishing memory ?

Post  carpquarry Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:04 am

Do you have a magical fishing memory?
One of mine was when I was about 10, I loaded me and my gear onto a train to go fishing at my local lakes about 5 miles away, got to the lake in the end it was hammering it down in a bad thunder storm, no brolly just a tree for cover, there was no one else at the lake so could not scrounge some maggots so had to use the only thing I had bread. Anyway the sun came out and it warmed up, then my float shot under and I struck and hit into a big fish that almost pulled me in, I landed the fish with my keep net and the monster was mine. It was a 2 1/2lb tench that almost snapped my 9ft white glass rod. My PB before that was a 4oz roach. Those were the days.
carpquarry
carpquarry
Sponsor/Advertiser
Sponsor/Advertiser

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-11-25

http://www.carpquarry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Whats your magic fishing memory ? Empty here is my best fish to date

Post  superdaneshi Sun May 16, 2010 8:02 pm

superdaneshi
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Whats your magic fishing memory ? Empty Surface Fishing

Post  George Albion Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:56 pm

My favourite catch wasnt my biggest fish!

It was summer time and went fishing with my buddy at the villa in cumbria just a small venue but ideal for a day session. My mate was almost instantly in the water with a ledger setup, seems to always be a race to whos first in the water! but I was hungover and not really in the mood or capable of setting up ledger rigs so decided to use a float, looking through my float selection I found an unused surface float n fancied to try something brand new, I set up my main line to the float and used some flyline with a small hook for the business end, easy set up with no messing perfect for my hangover, I greased the fly line to make it float and soaked a few dog biscuits at the water edge so i could push the hook straight in, another hangover method!!

My mate was having no look and came to see what i was up to, he threw a few buscuits in and they vanished almost instantly, we both got excited like a couple of kids in a toy shop, I made my cast and threw a handfull of biscuits arount my bait, probably too many! we both sat looking at my bait as not to loose sight and mix it up with the 20 or so biscuits out there. One by one they dissapered into the depths of fishy goodness, more n more excited we got waiting for my bait to go....... but no... every single biscuit dissapered but mine, they can see the hook said my mate at the same time BANG it went,

I made a strike and it was well on!! this was my first fish of the surface, so I didnt want to loose it but equally wanted it in quick, it came right in then was on a run so tightend the drag to hopefully tire it out, a couple more runs later the little bugger started to tire and managed to get it in close between two reed snags, it went for both, I managed to bully it out and my mate got it first time in the landing net, i was jumping up and down, hangover cured, and a first catch on the surface, picture perfect common carp at just over 8 lbs!! ......Get in!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

George Albion
Argos Zebco Fan

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-16

Back to top Go down

Whats your magic fishing memory ? Empty Re: Whats your magic fishing memory ?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down