CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.
CARP FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Carp Catch Log iPHONE
some_text
Latest topics
» broken rod tip
Lac du Cygne EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm by Yidman

» Somerset - Uk Carp Lake for Sale
Lac du Cygne EmptySun May 22, 2016 4:52 pm by Admin

» Street art forum
Lac du Cygne EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 1:35 pm by Admin

» Carp Quarry Lake for sale
Lac du Cygne EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:51 pm by Admin

» Cavagnac lake
Lac du Cygne EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 pm by Chos

» NorthEast Leads - Our Prices
Lac du Cygne EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:04 pm by northeastleads14

» NorthEast Leads - Homemade Leads
Lac du Cygne EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:52 pm by northeastleads14

» 3iles peche
Lac du Cygne EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 am by tackleberry

» FREE POSTAGE ON ORDER £30 AND OVER
Lac du Cygne EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:57 pm by leadlodge

IPHONE CARP LAKES APP
some_text
Field testers wanted here!
Statistics
We have 1026 registered users
The newest registered user is ArnoldoC

Our users have posted a total of 3349 messages in 691 subjects

Lac du Cygne

+5
gary.porritt.3
arjo12
carpboy51
Carpboy50
Gary-s
9 posters

Go down

Lac du Cygne Empty Lac du Cygne

Post  Gary-s Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi All,
I have just booked a week in France in April 2011 at a lake that is about 2 hours from Calais, called Lac du Cygne, it is a 10 acre lake in Picardy.

Does anyone have any experience of this venue that i can tap into.

BTW, Hi everyone, I just found this site today. Laughing
Gary-s
Gary-s
Argos Zebco Fan

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-31

Back to top Go down

Lac du Cygne Empty Re: Lac du Cygne

Post  Carpboy50 Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:44 pm

You’re in for a treat fella. Take a bait boat if you have one it's a bit of a struggle to reach the far side of the lake without one. There's some great stalking to be had at the far end of the lake.
Take lots of cooked Maze and party blend.
I've been out there twice now and I can tell you by day 3 on each week I've had to pull the rods in to get some sleep.
You will have a ball.

Carpboy50
Argos Zebco Fan

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary-s Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:31 am

Fantastic....
With only a couple of weeks to go, thats great news, thanks for that.

There are six of us going and we are taking everything as we have no idea what will work here.

We have been told by the owner that there are poisson chat in there but we think it may be a little too early in the year for them to be about in any numbers.

Neathertheless we are taking procautions against them such as netting our baits and using baits they don't generally like such as pineapple crunch and pineapple frenzy bollies as well as tigernuts.

We know that fishmeal products tend to attct them but we are still going to use the ever faithfull halibut pellets as they are normally a great attractant for the carp.

One of our party has been blending his own partymix over the last few weeks and is finally happy with it, although it is a very large bucket !

Hemp and maize is on the shopping list, we were thing of the dynamite baits versions of that.....any thoughts on that (never used it myself) ?

What time of year did you go ?
What swim would you recommend ?

We would love to get into a 30 (but in truth I'd be happy with anything) it is more about getting out there and seeing what this venue is like, if we have a good time then we would like to book it again for maybe the autumn.

Is it easy to find once you get to the village of PP, only the directions and the map are a little basic ?
We have no issues at all about getting to the village of PP but we was then told to look out for a sign with a white swan and the lake name on it......hmm.

Is it visable from the main road through PP ?

So many questions, I know.....Sorry but you are the only other person on here that has been there.

Cheers mate, we really really appreshiate this.....seriously.
Gary.
Gary-s
Gary-s
Argos Zebco Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  carpboy51 Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:04 am

I’ve only been out in May. The chat were about but nothing like the some of the horror stories you read about.
We got all our bait from Ace Baits, tigers worked; I did try boillies of various flavors but without much luck. I must admit it wasn’t much of an effort as the Maze was doing so well, just messing about really.
There have been 4 of us out there and we have all had loads of fish. There are lily pads about a third of the way up the lake That’s where I bivvy up had a lot of upper 20’s and my mate who was fishing the other side of the lilies picked up a 25.5llb grass carp what a monster. There are a load of pads at the far end and a day up there is well worth it.
Once you get to the centre of the village of PP you turn right past the bar and shop about 200 yards down when you come to the fields the road forks (this is a big loop so either will get you to the Lake) take the right had fork it turns into a track follow this all the way to the end could be about a mile then its left and the lake is 150-200 yards on your right. You really can’t miss it. Enjoy the view on the way down I’ve never seen so many lakes in my life.

carpboy51
Argos Zebco Fan

Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Lac du Cygne Empty how did you get on at Lac Du Cygne

Post  arjo12 Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Gary-s wrote:Fantastic....
how did you get on at Lac Du Cygne

Regards

Tony

With only a couple of weeks to go, thats great news, thanks for that.

There are six of us going and we are taking everything as we have no idea what will work here.

We have been told by the owner that there are poisson chat in there but we think it may be a little too early in the year for them to be about in any numbers.

Neathertheless we are taking procautions against them such as netting our baits and using baits they don't generally like such as pineapple crunch and pineapple frenzy bollies as well as tigernuts.

We know that fishmeal products tend to attct them but we are still going to use the ever faithfull halibut pellets as they are normally a great attractant for the carp.

One of our party has been blending his own partymix over the last few weeks and is finally happy with it, although it is a very large bucket !

Hemp and maize is on the shopping list, we were thing of the dynamite baits versions of that.....any thoughts on that (never used it myself) ?

What time of year did you go ?
What swim would you recommend ?

We would love to get into a 30 (but in truth I'd be happy with anything) it is more about getting out there and seeing what this venue is like, if we have a good time then we would like to book it again for maybe the autumn.

Is it easy to find once you get to the village of PP, only the directions and the map are a little basic ?
We have no issues at all about getting to the village of PP but we was then told to look out for a sign with a white swan and the lake name on it......hmm.

Is it visable from the main road through PP ?

So many questions, I know.....Sorry but you are the only other person on here that has been there.

Cheers mate, we really really appreshiate this.....seriously.
Gary.

arjo12
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary-s Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Sorry to be negative tony, but we had a bit of a slow week when we went.

We only had about 6 fish out at one end (car par end) and that was five of us fishing three rods each for a week and then down the bottom end (very very snaggy) they did better (two fishing with three rods each) they were spodding and had about 12 out, biggest of the week out anywhere was 21lb

At the end of the day we paid £300 for the whole lake and had use of a row boat etc so what can you expect.

We see now though that they now charge £450 a week, charge for the row boat and for washing water...............that's why we have booked somwhere else for next year.

Oh and the toilet is filthy, don't even consider it..........it's truely disgusting (and i work on building sites !!

And the French tend to be very noisey so don't expect peace and quiet as they walk their dogs and play music, scream and shout all day - it is in a public parkland area (although the actual lake is fenced you can still hear it all)
Better off at Maya lake (www.frenchcarplake.com)

Sorry to be negative matey but it's cheap for a reason.
Gary-s
Gary-s
Argos Zebco Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  arjo12 Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Thanks for the honest review

Tony

arjo12
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Lac du Cygne Empty Lac du cygne

Post  gary.porritt.3 Sat May 19, 2012 11:21 am

Hi
Im fishing lac du cygne in july has anyone fished it recently
Any info would be grate
Thanks gary

gary.porritt.3
Pasty Basher

Registration date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  arjo12 Sat May 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi there

Myself and three of my friends have just come back from here, what ever you take it needs to be able to be popped up or otherwise it will be moored by the crayfish. We mainly fished on Chod rigs advised by Steve with varying different Baits mainly Tiger nuts maze etc either way you will still pick up the Poisson Chat, despite advice from the Internet they seemingly will take anything I caught seven on the trip two of which was on unflavoured plastic corn.

Regards

Tony

arjo12
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  gary.porritt.3 Tue May 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Thanks for the info wats the place like?
What were the size of ur fish? Is it a hard water
Ta

gary.porritt.3
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  arjo12 Wed May 23, 2012 9:28 am

Hi Gary

I think the whole place was once Peat mine as there is 150+ lakes all around this area all different sizes, so the bank side is extremely soft to the extent I put a 5 foot bank stick in and went all the way down. The toilet was basic but clean unfortunately you have to use a booklet flush, the shower was also basic however water is extremely hot. Now to the fishing we caught nine fish in total that was 4 guys fishing three rods for the seven days, we tried several different approaches and seven different swims in total between us. Five of the fish were taken from the last two pegs at the car park over the first three days, after that not one more bite came from any of them two areas, further 2 was taken out of the lilies at the bottom end of the lake fishing from the boat the other two were caught whilst general fishing. The fish range in size from around 6lb up to 27lb, majority were in excess of 20lb, so you could say the fishing was hard. The only thing I can say in its defence; is that it was that week of the Super Moon, don't know if this affected the fish but the whole place was completely topsy-turvy, we never had one fish during darkness, and on top of that at 11 PM on the dot, every night the birds that sinking, all the way throughout the night, very strange!!. The bailiff claims there are 300+ carp in the lake, in seven days we see probably less than half dozens sightings of fish crashing etc, I have fished many venues in France and would say that this is certainly been the most difficult to get fish on the bank. If you require any other information please don't hesitate to ask

Tony

arjo12
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  carpmaster Wed May 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi Guys,
im off to here soon too!
Read some reviews that dont sound too promising! is it really that bad?
cheers

carpmaster
Argos Zebco Fan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  gary.porritt.3 Thu May 24, 2012 8:32 am

Thanks for that all the info and tips would be grate as this is my first time fishing in france there is 5 of us going
so any tips on tatics pegs etc would be grate as youve fished the lake b4 were going last week in july did u use spod mix, pva bags etc
Thanks

Last edited by gary.porritt.3 on Thu May 24, 2012 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

gary.porritt.3
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  gary.porritt.3 Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 am

carpmaster wrote:Hi Guys,
im off to here soon too!
Read some reviews that dont sound too promising! is it really that bad?
cheers
Hi
Wen r u going out there?

gary.porritt.3
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  arjo12 Thu May 24, 2012 8:48 am

We all used a party mix which included plenty of hemp maize etc which was mainly put out in the rowing boat and then rigs was placed with a little bit more mix with bait boats; this was done religiously every time, bait used was Tiger nuts maize plastics sweetcorn/maize popped up white chocolate boiler. Catches was on plastic popped up, Tiger nuts topped off with plastic corn

Hope you enjoy

arjo12
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  carpmaster Thu May 24, 2012 11:10 am

am going in June. Looking forward to it, from what ive seen it looks good too. Just heard mixed reviews recently!!

carpmaster
Argos Zebco Fan

Registration date : 2012-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  gary.porritt.3 Thu May 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi
Yea some reviews are good some bad hopefully all good you will have to let us know
How u get on if u can cheers
Gary

gary.porritt.3
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Lac du Cygne Empty Lac de cygne

Post  Fishingfinder Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Well went there on the 8th of September this year after reading various forums ,booked the whole lake for 350 quid and after travelling 2 1/2 hrs from Calais found the 10 acre lake ,collected the particle from Mark the Bailiff and hired the rowing boat for another 15 euros ,the lake looked very nice from the fishing bank lots of lilly pads . Decided to fish from the car park swim as recommended by Mark the bailiff at it was apparently 6ft and the deepest part of the lake ,with the bailiff off with the euros. I decided to put the bait boat out and echo sound the bottom finding only 2.5 ft from the nearest corner in the car park end and going out to the middle the inevitable happened ,the boat stopped working .And not to worry just use the rowing boat and retrieve the baitboat ,once the boat was on-board had a thought to try the ore on the bottom and was surprised to find the ore bottomed in soft silt at 2.5 foot ,maybe just a one off but as I covered that whole end of the lake I had found it be be a consistent 2.5 ft except the far bank which was a matter of inches right were the Lilly pads are .Now being very disappointed to say the least and it still being early I rowed to the other half of the lake only to find that the boat bottomed out and this was mid water and over on the other half of the lake ,now very very disappointed went back to where I started and revealed these findings to my fishing buddy .We have now got the dilemma to stay or leave still having a week off work in front of us . The conclusion to this is we got an expensive French internet on the phone and found another fishery 120km back towards Calais which was excellent ,We did stay the Saturday night putting one rod each out on Minstrel baits rose hip boilies to avoid any poisson chat and in the morning nice and early started packing up we found a poisson chat on one of the rods (but that's another story ) and over the 24 hrs on the lake we did not see a single roll or disturbance of a carp ,so if your thinking of going there be sure to check things out thoroughly as Steve the owner refuses to refund any money and seems to think in amusing to know you have just spent well earned money and all that travelling to fish in 2.5ft of water on 50% of the lake ,where the chance is there is no carp in at all ,so buyer beware .My advice spend the same money on a well rated UK water and save yourself the travel or spend twice as much and book with a well recommended French water(This Lake is advertised for up to 6 anglers) you are more than welcome to contact me regarding our trip to Lac De Cygne anytime for all the issues we found .

Fishingfinder
Argos Zebco Fan

Registration date : 2012-10-05

Back to top Go down

Lac du Cygne Empty Fished lake 22 sept, I would just like to say that I have fished this lake exclusively for the past 3 years, and each occasion I have caught many carp. I would like to say what a beautiful lake this is, although the lake is shallow the fishing is superb.

Post  carpexpert1 Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Fishingfinder wrote:Well went there on the 8th of September this year after reading various forums ,booked the whole lake for 350 quid and after travelling 2 1/2 hrs from Calais found the 10 acre lake ,collected the particle from Mark the Bailiff and hired the rowing boat for another 15 euros ,the lake looked very nice from the fishing bank lots of lilly pads . Decided to fish from the car park swim as recommended by Mark the bailiff at it was apparently 6ft and the deepest part of the lake ,with the bailiff off with the euros. I decided to put the bait boat out and echo sound the bottom finding only 2.5 ft from the nearest corner in the car park end and going out to the middle the inevitable happened ,the boat stopped working .And not to worry just use the rowing boat and retrieve the baitboat ,once the boat was on-board had a thought to try the ore on the bottom and was surprised to find the ore bottomed in soft silt at 2.5 foot ,maybe just a one off but as I covered that whole end of the lake I had found it be be a consistent 2.5 ft except the far bank which was a matter of inches right were the Lilly pads are .Now being very disappointed to say the least and it still being early I rowed to the other half of the lake only to find that the boat bottomed out and this was mid water and over on the other half of the lake ,now very very disappointed went back to where I started and revealed these findings to my fishing buddy .We have now got the dilemma to stay or leave still having a week off work in front of us . The conclusion to this is we got an expensive French internet on the phone and found another fishery 120km back towards Calais which was excellent ,We did stay the Saturday night putting one rod each out on Minstrel baits rose hip boilies to avoid any poisson chat and in the morning nice and early started packing up we found a poisson chat on one of the rods (but that's another story ) and over the 24 hrs on the lake we did not see a single roll or disturbance of a carp ,so if your thinking of going there be sure to check things out thoroughly as Steve the owner refuses to refund any money and seems to think in amusing to know you have just spent well earned money and all that travelling to fish in 2.5ft of water on 50% of the lake ,where the chance is there is no carp in at all ,so buyer beware .My advice spend the same money on a well rated UK water and save yourself the travel or spend twice as much and book with a well recommended French water(This Lake is advertised for up to 6 anglers) you are more than welcome to contact me regarding our trip to Lac De Cygne anytime for all the issues we found .

carpexpert1
Argos Zebco Fan

Registration date : 2013-01-05

Back to top Go down

Lac du Cygne Empty Lac du cygne

Post  carpexpert1 Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Fished the lake on the 22 sept
We have fished this lake for the past three years, although the lake is fairly shallow the fishing is superb.
All the fish we have caught are in superb condition, the fish are obviously thriving in this water where they are able to spawn in the natural shallows.
What more could I ask for, beautiful surroundings,quiet and peaceful, only a short drive from Calais , with a good head of carp.
I would like to say a big thanks to Marc the bailiff, and his family who have always made us welcome.
Where else can I get exclusive use of a lake this size, and a wonderful holiday at this price.
Ps you have to work for these beauties, but that's what makes it so worthwhile

Tight lines

carpexpert1
Argos Zebco Fan

Registration date : 2013-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  John Morgan1 Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:11 am

lol!  I have fished Lac du cygne on many occasions and would like to reply to some idiotic comments, the lake is shallow it was dug for peat, but absolutely perfect for carp fishing , the lake in the summer months is one of the prettiest you will ever see, with lots of us catching PBS.
People are always quick to complain, but rarely advertise the good points, we have fished their this year, and the toilet is now composting and works well, the shower is hot , one week lots of carp will be caught , and the next week may be slow that's fishing, I was told by the owner of the lake that the angler who said there was no fish in the lake , fished one night only in 90 degree heat, I have fished on many lakes for a week and not seen any fish. This is a true version of events take a look on facebook lacducygne.
The place is stunning and natural not like some holes in the ground, during our trips we have seen so much wild life, deer , hawks, pheasant, and some very nice carp.
Any fisherman who loves nature should take a look.

John

John Morgan1
Argos Zebco Fan

Registration date : 2013-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  John Morgan1 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:25 pm

carpexpert1 wrote:
Fishingfinder wrote:Luv the place

John Morgan1
Argos Zebco Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  John Morgan1 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:32 pm

pig
Fishingfinder wrote:Well went there on the 8th of September this year after reading various forums ,booked the whole lake for 350 quid and after travelling 2 1/2 hrs from Calais found the 10 acre lake ,collected the particle from Mark the Bailiff  and hired the rowing boat for another 15 euros ,the lake looked very nice from the fishing bank lots of lilly pads . Decided to fish from the car park swim as recommended by Mark the bailiff at it was apparently 6ft and the deepest part of the lake ,with the bailiff off with the euros. I decided to put the bait boat out and echo sound the bottom finding only 2.5 ft from the nearest corner in the car park end and going out to the middle the inevitable happened ,the boat stopped working .And not to worry just use the rowing boat and retrieve the baitboat ,once the boat was on-board had a thought to try the ore on the bottom and was surprised to find the ore bottomed in soft silt at 2.5 foot  ,maybe just a one off but as I covered that whole end of the lake I had found it be be a consistent 2.5 ft except the far bank which was a matter of inches right were the Lilly pads are .Now being very disappointed to say the least and it still being early I rowed to the other half of the lake only to find that the boat bottomed out  and this was mid water and over on the other half of the lake ,now very very disappointed went back to where I started and revealed these findings to my fishing buddy .We have now got the dilemma to stay or leave still having a week off work in front of us  . The conclusion to  this is we got an expensive French internet on the phone and found another fishery 120km back towards Calais  which was excellent ,We did stay the Saturday night putting one rod each out on Minstrel baits rose hip boilies  to avoid any poisson chat and in the morning nice and early started packing up we found a poisson chat on one of the rods (but that's another story ) and over the 24 hrs on the lake we did not see a single roll or disturbance of a carp ,so if your thinking of going there be sure to check things out thoroughly as Steve the owner refuses to refund any money and seems to think in amusing to know you have just spent well earned money and all that travelling to fish in 2.5ft of water on 50% of the lake ,where the chance is there is no carp in at all ,so buyer beware .My advice spend the same money on a well rated UK water and save yourself the travel or spend twice as much and book with a well recommended French water(This Lake is advertised for up to 6 anglers) you are more than welcome to contact me regarding our trip to Lac De Cygne anytime for all the issues  we found  .  
You are talking out of your backside , look at the pictures on Facebook, we have just sent

John Morgan1
Argos Zebco Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  John Morgan1 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:36 pm

carpexpert1 wrote:
Fishingfinder wrote:Well went there on the 8th of September this year after reading various forums ,booked the whole lake for 350 quid and after travelling 2 1/2 hrs from Calais found the 10 acre lake ,collected the particle from Mark the Bailiff  and hired the rowing boat for another 15 euros ,the lake looked very nice from the fishing bank lots of lilly pads . Decided to fish from the car park swim as recommended by Mark the bailiff at it was apparently 6ft and the deepest part of the lake ,with the bailiff off with the euros. I decided to put the bait boat out and echo sound the bottom finding only 2.5 ft from the nearest corner in the car park end and going out to the middle the inevitable happened ,the boat stopped working .And not to worry just use the rowing boat and retrieve the baitboat ,once the boat was on-board had a thought to try the ore on the bottom and was surprised to find the ore bottomed in soft silt at 2.5 foot  ,maybe just a one off but as I covered that whole end of the lake I had found it be be a consistent 2.5 ft except the far bank which was a matter of inches right were the Lilly pads are .Now being very disappointed to say the least and it still being early I rowed to the other half of the lake only to find that the boat bottomed out  and this was mid water and over on the other half of the lake ,now very very disappointed went back to where I started and revealed these findings to my fishing buddy .We have now got the dilemma to stay or leave still having a week off work in front of us  . The conclusion to  this is we got an expensive French internet on the phone and found another fishery 120km back towards Calais  which was excellent ,We did stay the Saturday night putting one rod each out on Minstrel baits rose hip boilies  to avoid any poisson chat and in the morning nice and early started packing up we found a poisson chat on one of the rods (but that's another story ) and over the 24 hrs on the lake we did not see a single roll or disturbance of a carp ,so if your thinking of going there be sure to check things out thoroughly as Steve the owner refuses to refund any money and seems to think in amusing to know you have just spent well earned money and all that travelling to fish in 2.5ft of water on 50% of the lake ,where the chance is there is no carp in at all ,so buyer beware .My advice spend the same money on a well rated UK water and save yourself the travel or spend twice as much and book with a well recommended French water(This Lake is advertised for up to 6 anglers) you are more than welcome to contact me regarding our trip to Lac De Cygne anytime for all the issues  we found  .  
Your talking out of your backside, look at the pictures on Facebook, we have just sent

John Morgan1
Argos Zebco Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum