CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.
CARP FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Carp Catch Log iPHONE
some_text
Latest topics
» broken rod tip
best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm by Yidman

» Somerset - Uk Carp Lake for Sale
best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? EmptySun May 22, 2016 4:52 pm by Admin

» Street art forum
best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 1:35 pm by Admin

» Carp Quarry Lake for sale
best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:51 pm by Admin

» Cavagnac lake
best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 pm by Chos

» NorthEast Leads - Our Prices
best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:04 pm by northeastleads14

» NorthEast Leads - Homemade Leads
best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:52 pm by northeastleads14

» 3iles peche
best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 am by tackleberry

» FREE POSTAGE ON ORDER £30 AND OVER
best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:57 pm by leadlodge

IPHONE CARP LAKES APP
some_text
Field testers wanted here!
Statistics
We have 1026 registered users
The newest registered user is ArnoldoC

Our users have posted a total of 3349 messages in 691 subjects

best rig for a very silty and weedy lake?

+2
Wrongenuk
gray27
6 posters

Go down

best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? Empty best rig for a very silty and weedy lake?

Post  gray27 Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi all, just wondering wat rig you would use. I am currently fishing a very hard water in the surrey area which has a very silty and weedy bottom? I have tried most rigs to try and get through it all i have even raked the bottom where i am intending to fish. Dunno to be honest if it is the rigs itself but the fish not feeding any ideas would be great..
Thanx in advance..

gray27
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? Empty Re: best rig for a very silty and weedy lake?

Post  Wrongenuk Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:33 pm

CHOD RIG AND HELICOPTER RIG...END OF!!!
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://www.crazycarpers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? Empty Re: best rig for a very silty and weedy lake?

Post  baker2009 Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:40 pm

hello mate, first of all is find out how deep the silt is ,then work from there, light leads, pva bags if a fan and iv always found when fishing silt only prick the pva bag several times which slows it down and not such a heavy thud on the bottom....and use a chod rig or heli......with a fat pop up on and should get a screamin run lol.......................
baker2009
baker2009
Argos Zebco Fan

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  singletoner Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:36 pm

gray27 wrote:Hi all, just wondering wat rig you would use. I am currently fishing a very hard water in the surrey area which has a very silty and weedy bottom? I have tried most rigs to try and get through it all i have even raked the bottom where i am intending to fish. Dunno to be honest if it is the rigs itself but the fish not feeding any ideas would be great..
Thanx in advance..

the key to weedy waters or any lake is to locate there natural feeding spots and areas that the carp like to spend a lot of there time which i will be straight with you can take days , week, months but the hard work will pay off, once you have located these spots , start baiting these spots on a weekly basis or a few days before fishing, the result will come, with a bit of effort and hard work any fish is catchable. as far as rigs go every angler has a different view on which rig works best, but i alway say a bottom bait looks more natural on the bottom then anything else,

Last edited by singletoner on Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
singletoner
singletoner
Argos Zebco Fan

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

best rig for a very silty and weedy lake? Empty re:best rig.......

Post  carpmadmark Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:35 pm

I agree,bottom baits do well in weed i use single or double bollie,depending on venue.as long as your hooklink is the right length and material just make it slow sinking.use supple braid and pva foam on hook.always does me well....all the best....slack lines
carpmadmark
carpmadmark
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  gray27 Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:00 pm

thanx for your replies i will put them into use

gray27
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  cdodd Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:10 pm

i agree bottom baits are the best in most cases but dont be afraid to try difrent rigs ,theres so many to choose from now a days , just be confident in wot you do ,tight lines

cdodd
Argos Zebco Fan

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum