CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.
CARP FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Carp Catch Log iPHONE
some_text
Latest topics
» broken rod tip
Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm by Yidman

» Somerset - Uk Carp Lake for Sale
Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? EmptySun May 22, 2016 4:52 pm by Admin

» Street art forum
Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 1:35 pm by Admin

» Carp Quarry Lake for sale
Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:51 pm by Admin

» Cavagnac lake
Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 pm by Chos

» NorthEast Leads - Our Prices
Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:04 pm by northeastleads14

» NorthEast Leads - Homemade Leads
Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:52 pm by northeastleads14

» 3iles peche
Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 am by tackleberry

» FREE POSTAGE ON ORDER £30 AND OVER
Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:57 pm by leadlodge

IPHONE CARP LAKES APP
some_text
Field testers wanted here!
Statistics
We have 1026 registered users
The newest registered user is ArnoldoC

Our users have posted a total of 3349 messages in 691 subjects

Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating?

+7
nickb
Big Ron
Dontknowmuch
gary sheridan
Wrongenuk
Rich
Admin
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whats your view on bait boats?

Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? Vote_lcap41%Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 7 ]
Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? Vote_lcap59%Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 17

Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? Empty Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating?

Post  Admin Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:23 pm

Controversial one this I know.

Does the use of bait boats count as cheating and take the skill out of fishing or is it just another tactic in your armoury?

Lets vote and decide once for all !
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2009-01-20

http://carp-lakes.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? Empty Re: Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating?

Post  Rich Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:26 pm

I think it's a tactic, problem with bait boats is some of the numptys that use them.

I own one, I love using it, I have only ever used it 3 times for heavy baiting, I like it for rig placement and that stealthy aproach of no lead crashing through the water.
Rich
Rich
Noddie

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-04-04

http://www.mutznutzhq.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? Empty Re: Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating?

Post  Wrongenuk Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Rich wrote:I think it's a tactic, problem with bait boats is some of the numptys that use them.

I own one, I love using it, I have only ever used it 3 times for heavy baiting, I like it for rig placement and that stealthy aproach of no lead crashing through the water.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! i part own a viper icon....in the right hands there a great tool
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://www.crazycarpers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  gary sheridan Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:58 pm

i would like to think that for instance pike anglers can get a soft bait out further with the aid of bait boats. beyong using the winch rig or using a pva bag fuilled with fish oil just to get that perfect bait out here.
gary sheridan
gary sheridan
Gillie

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-04-21

http://www.carpdreamfishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontknowmuch Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:09 pm

I've voted for cheating as in my opinion they have no place in "my" angling. Just not cricket you see Laughing
Dontknowmuch
Dontknowmuch
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? Empty Boats i love my Viper lol

Post  Wrongenuk Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Dontknowmuch wrote:I've voted for cheating as in my opinion they have no place in "my" angling. Just not cricket you see Laughing

I understand what your saying fella but this is fishing not cricket...unless you dress in whites and rub your balls alot when your out on the bank or is it crease lol
I used to have that approach and opinion till i could afford one.....................
Anyway its better than smashing leads in the water a few times trying to hit that spot........
Boats make it easyier to set your traps and deliever that perfect presentation with the right amount of bait....And also come into there own on very pressured water.....Again a bonus in my book.......
I also fish a water out in brentwood and the bloke that owns the lake almost insist you use one to get to his features lol......
Oh just to add a funny thing while we are on the subject..........bait boats where banned on a local of mine for about an hour till rich and myself showed what we was doing and using them for......................
turns out it was the have nots that where wanting them banned............ffs

Now your gonna tell me the bad points about them lol...its not the boats it the ucking idiots that use them in an un carply manner....total agree on that front but there idiots in all walks of life that spoil it for others......
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontknowmuch Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:25 am

Wrongenuk wrote:
Dontknowmuch wrote:I've voted for cheating as in my opinion they have no place in "my" angling. Just not cricket you see Laughing

I understand what your saying fella but this is fishing not cricket...unless you dress in whites and rub your balls alot when your out on the bank or is it crease lol
I used to have that approach and opinion till i could afford one.....................
Anyway its better than smashing leads in the water a few times trying to hit that spot........
Boats make it easyier to set your traps and deliever that perfect presentation with the right amount of bait....And also come into there own on very pressured water.....Again a bonus in my book.......
I also fish a water out in brentwood and the bloke that owns the lake almost insist you use one to get to his features lol......
Oh just to add a funny thing while we are on the subject..........bait boats where banned on a local of mine for about an hour till rich and myself showed what we was doing and using them for......................

Now your gonna tell me the bad points about them lol...its not the boats it the ucking idiots that use them in an un carply manner....total agree on that front but there idiots in all walks of life that spoil it for others......

LMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Here I am trying not to be too controversial by putting up a simple ,single line answer explaining that bait boats aren't "my cup of tea".

What do I get in response?

A barrage of all the old chestnuts that have been done to death on every carp fishing forum there is...and in bold Shocked Laughing

I don't feel the need to try to convert BB users back from the dark side so why do they feel it neccessary to try to convert me into giving up angling and taking up model boating? Laughing

And as for saying that I'm too skint to afford one Shocked

I'm too thick skinned to be upset by that remark (having worked on Grimsby Docks Very Happy ) but I'm sure there are plenty of folk who'd find it offensive.

I prefer not to use money to "buy" the carp I catch but instead to "skill up" so that I can catch carp on my terms.

That way each capture can be considered by me as meritorious Wink

Now, wheres my copy of Model Boat Monthly? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Dontknowmuch
Dontknowmuch
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Ron Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:07 am

I have had one sitting in my tackle room for over a year now Shocked Shocked
it has all the mod con's, solar charger, fish/feature finder built in etc ............

But as yet have not been able to use it Laughing Laughing not realy sure why, as I will think nothink of doing the same process with my inflatable boat ??????????

Very Happy Very Happy
Big Ron
Big Ron
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-04-22

http://www.adventureangling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:17 am

Dontknowmuch wrote:
Here I am trying not to be too controversial by putting up a simple ,single line answer explaining that bait boats aren't "my cup of tea".
A barrage of all the old chestnuts that have been done to death on every carp fishing forum there is...and in bold Shocked Laughing

The stop joining new forums and getting involved in the same discussion. As for the bold comment, I think you'll find he posts all of his bosts in bold.

Dontknowmuch wrote:
I don't feel the need to try to convert BB users back from the dark side so why do they feel it neccessary to try to convert me into giving up angling and taking up model boating? Laughing

No where in the post did I see anyone trying to convert you.

Dontknowmuch wrote:

Fair comment, Wrongens comment could be taken 2 different ways, to be fair though, it was those that couldn't afford one complaining on that particular venue.

Dontknowmuch wrote:
I'm too thick skinned to be upset by that remark (having worked on Grimsby Docks Very Happy ) but I'm sure there are plenty of folk who'd find it offensive.

I'm sure there are to.

Dontknowmuch wrote:
I prefer not to use money to "buy" the carp I catch but instead to "skill up" so that I can catch carp on my terms.

Do me a favour! You still need skills if you use a boat, boats don't find features nor do they make rigs and present them properly, boats also avoid leads crashing through the water on preasured venues. Boats have there place as long as there used sensably.

Both Wrongen and I have done our time with marker floats and spods. We both can cast incredably well, obviously I'm better LOL cheers I have no problem going back to using a spod if boats are banned, I have no worrys about useing a marker to learn a lake, but if I can place my bait and any free offerings stealthy then I bloody will.

Dontknowmuch wrote:

As I do all of mine and I am sure Wrongen is of his.

Dontknowmuch wrote:

Dunno fella, but anyone who reads that must be a numpty LMAO Laughing Laughing
Rich
Rich
Noddie

Back to top Go down

Post  nickb Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 pm

they have thier place in fishing, and are a usefull tool, great for collecting the takeaway from the other bank!!! yes i have seen that done,
but tbh as with all thing the rules get bent, and things get out of hand, theres so many about now, that things where only going to get worse, but i dont mind them being used, but as long as it does not interfear with my fishing, then fair enough, then again watching chris yates giving both barrels to a bait boat, is something that i would'nt mind doing!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
nickb
nickb
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  opus Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:31 pm

I havent used one as I like to be out there on the water lowering my baits looking for spots and spreading my bait about.
I know a few people who have them some to use them to good effect and others watch where we drop our baits as they know we have found features but they dont know what? lol...

I am open minded to all methods and one water I fished the carp had sussed the bait boats (one method) pile of bait in shallow water out the back wall, so it can some times work against you...

but I am voting just another method or tool to aid your fishing.
opus
opus
Sponsor/Advertiser
Sponsor/Advertiser

Registration date : 2009-04-28

http://www.opusbaits.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Timelord Fri May 01, 2009 9:36 am

Dontknowmuch wrote:
Wrongenuk wrote:

LMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Spot on DKM Very Happy

Death to all bait boats Twisted Evil

Timelord
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? Empty Ark another post in bold...or was that persil lmao...

Post  Wrongenuk Fri May 01, 2009 9:37 am

WOW WHAT A SCREAMER....................................................fair play you took my comments on the chin...And youve probs guessed by now my post are all in bold,(not persil lol).....

Thanks for taking the bait i set in my lake called forum....presented by my stealthy approach...postioned by my viper baitboat..........baited you up quite nicely lol

Im just gonna hold you up of the mat for my trothy shot lol
who didnt say i live upto my name...or should i be none as carptroversial kid lol......

Dontknowmuch...apparently you dont lol.......BEEEEEEP!!! hang on was that another linnner or am i gonna get another take...............lol

welcome to the forum fella all the best,im sure your grow to love me like the others lol

Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrongenuk Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am

Timelord wrote:Spot on DKM Very Happy

Another person that cant afford one lmao.... Rolling Eyes Sleep

welcome to the site Timelord......your imput is welcomed.... Very Happy
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Back to top Go down

Post  Timelord Fri May 01, 2009 10:45 am

Wrongenuk wrote:
Timelord wrote:Spot on DKM Very Happy

Another person that cant afford one lmao.... Rolling Eyes Sleep

welcome to the site Timelord......your imput is welcomed.... Very Happy

Money doesn't come into it i can use a spod and marker Laughing

Timelord
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrongenuk Fri May 01, 2009 11:20 am

Timelord wrote:Money doesn't come into it i can use a spod and marker Laughing

WELL DONE TIMELORD!!!! you may go off and pat yourself on the back.............well done again ........ lol!

Im so proud of him.................. Very Happy
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Back to top Go down

Post  Timelord Fri May 01, 2009 11:28 am

Ha ha should of seen that one coming lol!

Timelord
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontknowmuch Fri May 01, 2009 11:33 am

Great to see my single pop up has done the business once more Laughing Laughing Razz

I've been dissected Shocked Laughing

Told I'm skint Laughing Razz Embarassed

and...had a bold talking to cheers

There's more Simmos in here than Sandhurst lol!
Dontknowmuch
Dontknowmuch
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich Fri May 01, 2009 11:45 am

Dontknowmuch wrote:Great to see my single pop up has done the business once more Laughing Laughing Razz

I've been dissected Shocked Laughing

Told I'm skint Laughing Razz Embarassed

and...had a bold talking to cheers

There's more Simmos in here than Sandhurst lol!

PMSL!! Good come back.
But are you another simmo or the big fish swimming with the simmos cos the other big fish don't like him, or just a big fish trying to be the biggest fish lol!
Rich
Rich
Noddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontknowmuch Fri May 01, 2009 12:10 pm

Rich wrote:
But are you another simmo or the big fish swimming with the simmos cos the other big fish don't like him, or just a big fish trying to be the biggest fish lol!

Thats for you to decide, whichever it'll be without the use of artificial aids..ooer missus Laughing
Dontknowmuch
Dontknowmuch
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? Empty no sexual artificial aids....not in this forum lol

Post  Wrongenuk Fri May 01, 2009 6:47 pm

rich wrote:But are you another simmo or the big fish swimming with the simmos cos the other big fish don't like him, or just a big fish trying to be the biggest fish
dontknowmuch wrote:Thats for you to decide, whichever it'll be without the use of artificial aids..ooer missus

PMSL Laughing think he's a big fish from a different pond trying to mingle lol.............feel free fella......
Im starting to like you by the min welcome to the pond Wink and i aint Having you as a simmo's in ere thankyou very much lol.......british born and bread only please...........
Glad you and timelord are the real thing cant see you looking like dustbin lids with fins in this pond lol.......
And as for artificial aids...... no vibrators or armbans or rubber rings here please........keep it clean lol!

OH YEAH>>>>>>>>BAITBOATS LOV EM .............NEXT!!!! tongue tongue
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Ron Sat May 02, 2009 11:26 am

Great to see my single pop up has done the business once more

was it cast out or droped with a BB affraid Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Big Ron
Big Ron
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-04-22

http://www.adventureangling.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dontknowmuch Sat May 02, 2009 11:36 am

Big Ron wrote:
Great to see my single pop up has done the business once more

was it cast out or droped with a BB affraid Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lol!
Dontknowmuch
Dontknowmuch
Pasty Basher

Back to top Go down

Baits Boats vote - Are they cheating? Empty Bait boats

Post  Jim Tue May 05, 2009 6:40 pm

I think alot of anti-bait boat people are just those who can't afford one, or who feel they can't justify buying one (same thing? Not quite.) I can't afford one. Simple as that, but if I could, I'd have one. There are plenty of venues where I'd find one very useful, I'm sure. It's not cheating. Putting your bait 'on the spot' with your freebies, is surely a good thing? OK so you should be able to do that by casting and spodding/catapulting, but any edge you can get on some of these tough waters, is always welcome, I'd say. I'll struggle on without one, till my numbers come up, but, as long as they're used sensibly, and not a nuisance to anyone else, I'm all for them.
Jim
Jim
Gillie

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrongenuk Sat May 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Jim wrote:I think alot of anti-bait boat people are just those who can't afford one, or who feel they can't justify buying one (same thing? Not quite.) I can't afford one. Simple as that, but if I could, I'd have one. There are plenty of venues where I'd find one very useful, I'm sure. It's not cheating. Putting your bait 'on the spot' with your freebies, is surely a good thing? OK so you should be able to do that by casting and spodding/catapulting, but any edge you can get on some of these tough waters, is always welcome, I'd say. I'll struggle on without one, till my numbers come up, but, as long as they're used sensibly, and not a nuisance to anyone else, I'm all for them.

well said Jim Very Happy
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum