CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.
CARP FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Carp Catch Log iPHONE
some_text
Latest topics
» broken rod tip
JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm by Yidman

» Somerset - Uk Carp Lake for Sale
JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy EmptySun May 22, 2016 4:52 pm by Admin

» Street art forum
JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 1:35 pm by Admin

» Carp Quarry Lake for sale
JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:51 pm by Admin

» Cavagnac lake
JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 pm by Chos

» NorthEast Leads - Our Prices
JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:04 pm by northeastleads14

» NorthEast Leads - Homemade Leads
JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:52 pm by northeastleads14

» 3iles peche
JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 am by tackleberry

» FREE POSTAGE ON ORDER £30 AND OVER
JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:57 pm by leadlodge

IPHONE CARP LAKES APP
some_text
Field testers wanted here!
Statistics
We have 1026 registered users
The newest registered user is ArnoldoC

Our users have posted a total of 3349 messages in 691 subjects

JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy

3 posters

Go down

JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy Empty JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy

Post  nickb Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Just brought one of them, first assemble seems straight forward enough, front panel zips on/off easy, so will see how i get on with it, anyone else have one? Wink
nickb
nickb
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy Empty Re: JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy

Post  Wrongenuk Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:33 pm

all depends which one youve got? is it the old style or the new pram hood one? both are tiptop bivvi's
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://www.crazycarpers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  nickb Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:55 pm

its the older type...seems a good short stay bivvy... will see how it goes soon. Cool
nickb
nickb
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrongenuk Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:30 pm

Ive got the old style and have had it since JRC first brought it out on the market,£350.00 i think but an old friend of mine sold it to me within 6 months for another bivvi as he didnt like it and i get it at a steel for £100 lol....
Ive done a couple of winters init without the over rap(Brrrrr) when i look back lol,ended up buying the over rap from the boys at Birdsgreen(total-tackle)..As i was doing session at carthagena and needed a small bivvi because the swims are pokey...
Broke it out a couple of sessions ago as i was finaly fishing on my own for once as the other half was'nt with me,
And couldnt believe how cosy it was to be in my old bivvi again with everything within reach,will be init again at the end of the month as im doing another session on my own in Kent...

Do like this old Bivvi and can also do much more with it like unzipping the front on warm days and that lol

let us know how you get on...One thing i do recormend is the small storm poles for the side as this help when it gets windy
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Back to top Go down

JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy Empty jrc bivvy

Post  Jim Mon May 04, 2009 9:54 am

I take it we're talking about the umbrella-type JRC bivvy? If so, I've had mine for several years, and it's a very good piece of kit, especially for relatively short sessions - ie overnighters, or two or three days, perhaps - It's very quick to put up and take down, and the infill panel goes in quickly too. The only thing I find with mine is that I get condensation on the inside, occasionally. That, I'd guess, is 'cos it's only single skinned. I'd agree that the short storm poles really help with stability. You can fit it into quite tight swims, too. I've recently bought a cheap (Nash Hooligan) two-man bivvy for a week long trip I'm doing next week, simply for the extra room, and the twin skin. otherwise I'll use my JRC every time.
Jim
Jim
Gillie

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  nickb Tue May 26, 2009 3:54 pm

have to say, i'm impressed with the stealth, goes up quick, and provides enough room for everything i need, stable too...
so well pleased. Wink
nickb
nickb
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Back to top Go down

JRC Stealth Brolly/Bivvy Empty LOVE YOUR BIVVI,AND IT WILL LOVE YOU BACK LOL

Post  Wrongenuk Tue May 26, 2009 6:11 pm

Fair play to the points you bring up Jim.
I used to have the same problems,but having the windows/vents opens helped,ive done a fair few winters in mine as a single skin...Brrrrrrrr lol..
Ive bought the overrap for mine a couple of years back and has improved the bivvi 10 fold,for size and condensation...
I used my on a tight swim at the weekend on me new syndicate and had the 2nd skin on but took the zip front out so it felt like i had double the room...
your get condensation on any bivvi thats single skin,to be honest ive not used this bivvi much even when i bought the 2nd skin...I kept chuckin up my JRC STI 2man...but ive only used my 2 man once this year i got the love bug feeling back with me brolly and want to use it all the time.It just feels home from home and everything is in reaching distance and i dont feel like im rattling round,like i do in me 2man....

As for a second bivvi Jim,i would of gone for the one man jrc pram hood type as i think that one you got might get flattened in the wind....

OH oh oh,ive got a tip for ya with your stealth brolly....Dont buy the storm poles for the sides as there a complete rip off.Do like i did.Go in johnson rosses and buy 2 bloody cheap adjustable bank sticks...They bloody well do the job........lovely jubble...jobs a gooden
Wrongenuk
Wrongenuk
Crafty Carper
Crafty Carper

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed May 27, 2009 7:51 pm

Cheers Wrongun,
Didn't know you could still get the overwrap. As for the storm poles....yes I agree. I had already done just as you suggested. The Nash Hooligan did me Ok for the week I was away, despite very strong winds and some torrential rain. Kept me snug and dry. However, it was a complete nightmare to put up and take down again! I hate it! OK once it's up, but not something I'd want to use on a week to week basis, for overnighters, or even two or three day sessions - OR, to think of it, EVER AGAIN! LOL. Both my boys used the JRC-type, we're talking about, for the week, and although they kept dry, they found it difficult to keep warm, at night, I believe. The twin skin is a must on that count, I think.
Jim
Jim
Gillie

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down