CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CARP FORUM
Welcome to the forum

Please join our forum and explore all things Carpy if you are not a member.
CARP FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Carp Catch Log iPHONE
some_text
Latest topics
» broken rod tip
Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit) EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm by Yidman

» Somerset - Uk Carp Lake for Sale
Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit) EmptySun May 22, 2016 4:52 pm by Admin

» Street art forum
Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit) EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 1:35 pm by Admin

» Carp Quarry Lake for sale
Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:51 pm by Admin

» Cavagnac lake
Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit) EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 pm by Chos

» NorthEast Leads - Our Prices
Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:04 pm by northeastleads14

» NorthEast Leads - Homemade Leads
Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit) EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:52 pm by northeastleads14

» 3iles peche
Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit) EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 am by tackleberry

» FREE POSTAGE ON ORDER £30 AND OVER
Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:57 pm by leadlodge

IPHONE CARP LAKES APP
some_text
Field testers wanted here!
Statistics
We have 1026 registered users
The newest registered user is ArnoldoC

Our users have posted a total of 3349 messages in 691 subjects

Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit)

Go down

Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit) Empty Shimano tribal 5500 xta(baby big pit)

Post  herbmeister Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:33 pm

I fell in love with these reals when i first saw them in realtree camo and once they were available for less than the rrp i decided to buy a pair. First impressions were have i made the right choice due to the baitrunner spool system,i've allways used conventional baitrunner system where you just flick a lever to engage and turn the handle to disengage the baitrunner. Setting the baitrunner is a quick 1/4 turn or less depending on the resistance you require anti-clockwise of the outer ring is all it takes. I soon found that stopping the spool with your hand while strikeing and a quick clockwise 1/4 turn of the outer ring on the spool was just as easy as cranking the handle then strikeing. Once turned 1/4 turn clockwise you are back on to your preset fighting drag which is set by turning the inner ring which is also used for changing your spool,an identical spare is also supplied. The large biomechanical handle and arb bearings makes retreival effortless as the reel is geared to retreive a full yard of line per rotation(also handy for knowing the distance you are fishing). The reel weighs just 570g without line and will comfortably hold 315yards of average diameter line making it ideal for what ever distance you fish. You also get a set of washers to customise the parallel line lay allthough i consider it perfect straight out the case,also supplied. This real would also suit over speciman anglers not just carp. I honestly cant find fault with this reel and would give it 11 out of 10 all round.
herbmeister
herbmeister
Pasty Basher

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-08-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum